Office Schedule Update
In order to assist researchers with planning for application submissions during these next few months, we are posting our upcoming office closures.
- November 18 – 20: Our staff are attending a conference and will have limited access to voicemails and emails. During that time we will do our best to respond in a timely manner; however, we will respond to any unresolved messages when our office resumes normal operations on November 21.
- November 28 – 29: Thanksgiving
- December 23 – 27: Winter Holiday
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) regulates all research activities involving human subjects on the UT Knoxville campus. The IRB is a committee appointed to ensure rights, safety, and welfare of human research subjects; ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws/regulations; and conduct ethical reviews of human research activities including initial, continuation, modification, unanticipated problems and alleged noncompliance. Its primary responsibility is to assure UT Knoxville researchers operate within the provisions of the Federalwide Assurance of Compliance filed with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP).
All IRB applications must be submitted through iMedRIS.
Do you need help submitting your IRB application via iMedRIS? You can find helpful guides and instructions for navigating the iMedRIS application process here. For more information on iMedRIS, visit the Office of Research and Engagement’s resource page.